Women vary when it comes to terms of sex drives level during pregnancy. Some may experience a dramatically increased sex drive at certain times, while other experience the opposite for the entire duration of their pregnancy.
There are countless reasons why such things occur. It is better for pregnant women, and for the couple to talk about the issue early on. A visit to an Ob/Gyn will be of help if you have issues on your female sex drive while pregnant.
Reasons Why Female Sex Drive While Pregnant Experiences Constant Changes
Some Of The Common Culprits Of Female Sex Drive Changes During Pregnancy Include The Following:
- Hormonal Imbalances – The increase or decrease in the level of a woman’s sex drive during pregnancy is often associated with hormonal imbalances. Though this is the main culprit, it is not the only reason why such changes occur. However, most women find more interest in having sex during their first trimester. Throughout these times, the hormones are at their peak, so it is but normal to have this feeling. A sudden drop, on the other hand, is evident during the later stages of pregnancy.
- Emotional State – It is but normal to see a woman more sensitive or emotionally unstable when having a baby. These emotional issues are the main reason why women experience decreases in desire for sex.
- If you are pregnant, you are more interested in cuddling instead of sex. This is true in some cases, but not for everyone. As mentioned earlier, each pregnant woman responds to sex differently.
- Self-Esteem Issues – The female sex drive while pregnant experiences a downfall because of self-esteem issues. This is actually just one of the reasons, but it is the most common factor reported. Some women’s self-esteem becomes an issue because of emotional changes brought about by hormonal changes. Other factors triggering this is the physical changes happening to the body as the pregnancy goes on. These changes may boost or lessen one’s self-esteem, depending on the level of change.
- Physical Changes – This could either drop or increase the levels of female sex drive during pregnancy. You may notice that once you are pregnant, you will experience a lot of physical changes, and that is normal. These include weight gain, the bulging of your abdominal area, an increase in the size of your breasts, which could either make you feel more beautiful, or the opposite. Some of these factors can be good or bad for your sex drive.
- Breast enlargement and increase sensitivity in the vagina are best for your sex drive. On the other hand, a bulging tummy and weight gain can decrease it.
- When you experience weight gain and a bulging tummy, you may find it uncomfortable to have sex with your partner. This is usually the issue in the latter part of pregnancy.
- Conditions Brought About By Pregnancy – Nausea, fatigue, vomiting and weakness are some of the symptoms of pregnancy. These are the usual conditions brought about by pregnancy. The female sex drive at this point will usually drop. If you have these feelings, sex is for sure, the last thing on your mind. Sleep and rest are your priority at this point. Try to visit your doctor in case you feel things are getting worst.
What You Can Do
Even if you don’t know what is causing your decrease or increase of female sex drive while pregnant, you can start thinking of the best ways to manage it. Start With The Following Tips:
- Eat a balanced diet and perform regular exercise. Pregnant or not, this is a good way to manage your sex drive. Eating a balanced diet, coupled with exercise has many health benefits for you and your baby.
- It manages your hormone levels, it strengthens your stamina, and it takes you away from stress and negative feelings. Pregnant women who observe these things usually do not develop sex drive issues.
- Take your vitamins. A regular intake of vitamins prescribed by your doctor is a great way to manage conditions brought about by pregnancy. Absence of these things can bring back your desire for sex. It is important that early in your pregnancy, you take these vitamins to avoid developing such problems. Being pregnant may sometimes be a hindrance to a satisfying and active sex life.
- Open up to your partner. If you have emotional issues during pregnancy or you feel shy about the physical changes you are experiencing, it will help if you open up to your partner. This is a great way to discuss your concerns. Both of you can try to come up with an alternative to address sex concerns. This will make you comfortable and will drive out your fears and worries.
It is quite hard to manage the female sex drive while pregnant. This is especially true given that you have your growing baby to consider. It is important that you know what to do and what to avoid making things work for everyone. Sex during this time may not be your priority, but you should not forget that you have a partner to take into account. In addition, there are instances that you as the one conceiving has a great drive for sex, so you need to be fair.